Aims: to raise SWVG’s profile, increase public awareness, as well as raising funds.
- Åse Feiring Cave
- Natasha Groom
- Sue Jessup
- Anne Leeming
- Hazel Still (Co-ordinator)
- Jacqueline Wilkes (link with Winchester College).
Activities: organising fund raising events for general public such as
- talks by authors, former asylum seekers, public figures, actors etc sympathetic to our cause. Our Patron, John Pilkington gives a talk every other year on his travels.
- sponsored walks/swims
- car boot sales, plant sales,
- Christmas book quiz
- any ideas from our members!
We meet according to need, usually about 6 times a year in Winchester. We raise about £5000-£6000 p.a.
More members welcome to our friendly group… to generate new ideas, help with publicity and to be there to help on the day of an event. Contact Hazel Still or any member of the group.
Last Updated: 09/07/2020 – Next Update Due: