Southampton and Winchester Visitors Group (SWVG) has an allotment where we grow fruit and vegetables. All the people SWVG works with are welcome to come to help grow and pick the crops. No experience needed. It is plot 86, one of 134 allotments in Witts Hill, Summit Way, Midanbury, Southampton SO18 4ST where many other people from Southampton grow food.
When can I come and have a look?
We are there most Saturdays (12:30-3pm) and Mondays (2-4pm). Just give us a call before you come, so that we know you are coming and can let you through the gate.
For Saturdays – ring Lynda Abenchiker on 07825 649237
For Mondays – ring Jan Church on 07801 561298.
How to get there?
By bus: Number 7 City Red bus from City Centre through Portswood and Bitterne Triangle. Get off at Witts Hill and walk down Summit Way.
By car: If you can get a lift, come to Summit Way. Post code SO18 4ST.
What should I bring?
- Drinking water
- Strong shoes or boots (we have some rubber boots you can borrow)
- Hat and sun cream if sunny (no shelter from sun). Waterproof coat if rainy.
- No toilet.
- Gloves and tools provided.
- Only pick fruit and vegetables growing in our garden.
- Not safe for young children.
- Volunteers can only be there with a SWVG member with a key. Site always locked.
More information about allotments in Southampton: