SWVG is represented on the Avenue Multicultural Centre Management Committee. This also includes our main partner:
- CLEAR – City Life Education and Action for Refugees – A Southampton-based support service for refugees.
We work closely with other local and national refugee charities including:
- Asylum Support Appeals Project (ASAP) – A small national charity which aims to reduce destitution amongst asylum seekers by protecting their legal rights to food and shelter.
- Asylum Aid – A charity providing advice and legal representation to asylum-seekers and refugees.
- The Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees (AVID) – The membership network supporting volunteer visitors to immigration detainees.
- Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID) – A charity that exists to challenge immigration detention in the UK.
- British Red Cross – The UK arm of a global network that helps people in crisis.
- Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JWCI) – An independent national charity which exists to campaign for justice in immigration, nationality and refugee law and policy.
- NACCOM – A network of organisations across the UK supporting destitute asylum seekers by providing some form of accommodation.
- Refugee Action – A charity helping people who’ve fled persecution and violence rebuild their lives, through advice, support and campaigns.
- The Refugee Council – A leading national charity supporting refugees to rebuild their lives.
Last Updated: 03/05/2023 – Next Update Due: